Facebook page engagement is the holy grail for online marketers these days. Should you run Facebook ads? Can you grow a page organically without ads? The questions are endless.
Getting great results on your Facebook page doesn’t have to be hard. It’s all about knowing how to create engaging content and how to promote it.
What Is Facebook Page Engagement?
Your Facebook page engagement rate is the percentage of people who engage with your post vs. the people who have seen it.
If you haven’t already gotten to know your Facebook page insights, go do it now. This free tool will provide you with so much information on your fans, your posts and how you can tweak your marketing for better results.
Why Engagement Matters
Posts with high engagement make you more likely to show up in the newsfeed again. If you are a new business owner with a small ad budget, engagement is crucial to growing your Facebook following.
Facebook loves rewarding content that is engaging and will boost the most popular posts to the top of the feed (organically). You want to be creating this type of content so that Facebook sees you as a high quality content creator.
So how do you create engaging content? Read on for some of my favorite ways to boost your engagement.
10 Simple Ways To Boost Your Facebook Page Engagement
- Ask questions- No better way to get people to talk to you than asking a question. One of my favorite tools for finding great questions is Post Planner.
- Use pictures- Pictures are a great way to quickly communicate with your fans without them having to spend a lot of time on your page. You can make quote graphics, share photos of you and your business or just share beautiful pictures. Possibilities are endless.
- Ask for advice- People love giving their opinion- so why not ask them which they like- option 1 or 2? Take a picture of a product, blog post or program graphic and ask people which they like (plus increase your visibility).
- Make people laugh- Funny content has a HUGE potential to go viral. Memes and GIFs are often some of the most shareable content out there. I love to find my content via Post Planner on this as well because you can view a virality rating and find the best content.
- Engage with people who engage with you- People that are engaging with you are moving through your funnel to become advocates for your brand. So make sure that you take time to engage with them so you can develop a relationship with them.
- Go live- Live video is where it’s at on social media these days. Currently, live video is given higher reach in the newsfeed so use it while you can. People love behind the scenes looks at your business or you can even just pop on for a live q and a.
- Follow trending topics- This one requires a little more curation but you can use trending topics to get traffic to your page. Events like the Super Bowl and the Grammy’s can be a great way to connect with your audience.
- Pay attention to holidays- Adding seasonal content to your page can increase shares. Also pay attention to the fun holidays (like National Ice Cream Day) and create content around those. For a full list of holidays, check out this list here.
- Host a contest or giveaway- People love the opportunity to get stuff for free! So why not, host a giveaway of your product or partner up with other bloggers for a package giveaway? This is a really easy way to guarantee higher engagement.
- Share your very best content- Got a blog? Take your best content and repurpose it for Facebook. You could take a quote or tip and make a graphic. You can also make a quick video summarizing the key takeaways from your post.
Wrapping It Up
I hope these tips give you some great ideas to share on your Facebook page. Engagement is one of the most powerful resources you have as a new business owner.
So tell me in the comments, what do you do to boost Facebook page engagement?