*This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on one of these links, I may earn a commission that helps me keep creating great content for this blog.*
Working online can be very lonely at times. Most days, I’m struggling to keep up with everything and my favorite 4 year old. Your other mom friends know what you do but you don’t have someone who truly gets what you do. You, my friend, need a virtual coffee date.
What Is A Virtual Coffee Date?
A virtual coffee date is simply a time for you to connect with other business owners online. They may be people in a similar niche or someone who is looking to connect with someone in a different area. This is not the time to pitch them on what you do but simply a time to build a relationship.
Relationship building as a new business owner is everything. It is the fuel that helps you succeed vs. struggle. Especially as a new blogger, you need people in your corner that are reading your posts, sharing your content and inspiring you to think bigger.
I know as a mom, the thought of hosting regular coffee dates can seem overwhelming. Make the time. I haven’t always done this as well as I should but I’m venturing out there now as well. You need to be around people who are doing the same thing as you. You need community.
How To Set Up Your First Virtual Coffee Date
So now that you’re ready to set up your coffee date, how do you actually do it?
- Have a scheduler- I highly recommend investing in a scheduler for your business. Even if you are a blogger who may not be engaging in client calls, it is worth it and will save you time. I personally recommend using Acuity.
- Find where your people hang out- Your time is valuable. Don’t set up coffee dates with anyone (unless you have time to work and hang). Heart Centered Biz Bosses has a thread where you can connect with people that are in the group. Meet people in your favorite Facebook groups (or for the really brave, email that influencer you would like to talk to).
- Set up the appointments- This is where you actually have to put yourself out there. Trust me, bloggers and online business owners are amazing and they love meeting new people.
- Don’t just talk shop- Especially if you are a new business owner, resist the urge to pitch or sell them on your services. Make friends and don’t focus on the outcome.
- Don’t be a stranger- Finally, after your talk, don’t be a stranger. Find ways to keep connecting and collaborate with your biz besties. Share their latest blog post, invite them to guest post for you.
Wrapping It Up
Coffee dates can be a great way to connect with people online. Don’t be afraid to reach out to people that you admire and build friendships. You got into this business to connect and help people. Finding online biz besties can be one of the most rewarding parts of your business.
So have you set a virtual coffee date before? What was your favorite part?